The Inagural Project

My first project. The Big Kid Picnic Table courtesy of these plans I found on Knock-offwood.com. I have to say that Ana White over on that site has been such an inspiration. I'd be lost without all of the plans, tidbits, and ideas I find there. My to-do list is a mile long from her site!

While I think the table turned out great, I learned several valuable lessons on this table ...
Lesson one - simple... cut one leg then use the same leg to pattern the rest of them, same holds true for any multiple.
Lesson two - 2x4's really come in 8ft lengths... 2x6's are slightly longer
Lesson three - even if you measure twice and cut once... your angle still has to be the correct direction.
Lesson four - flip flops are not comfortable filled with sawdust.
Lesson five - This is not how you stain a table ;-)
Lesson six - If at first you don't love it... sell it on Craigslist and start again!
Lesson seven - If you are going to make the table and seat boards closer together than the plan calls for... pre-stain your boards.
Lesson eight - Collecting dust in the garage no longer has the same meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment